Amanda-Users

Re: maybe this is a dumb question

2003-08-27 18:37:40
Subject: Re: maybe this is a dumb question
From: "Chris Barnes" <chris-barnes AT tamu DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:35:13 -0500
Jay Lessert <jayl AT accelerant DOT net> wrote:
> That does it, right?  Doesn't matter what file system or what host the
> the amrecover is run on, I've got /bin/ls on that box when it's done
> (subject to my qualifiers re: OS and program earlier in the thread).

Not if I restore each incremental into a different temp directory
  /home/joebob/restore1/src  (the softlink)
  /home/joebob/restore2/src (the directory containing ls)

It is then up to the user to move the src (either the softlink or the
directory back into their home.  And if they try to move the softlink,
then move the file into it, well, they don't have the proper permissions
to accomplish what they want.

or am I missing something?

Chris Barnes                                       AOL IM: CNBarnes
chris-barnes AT tamu DOT edu                            Yahoo IM: chrisnbarnes
Computer Systems Manager                               ph: 979-845-7801
Department of Physics                                 fax: 979-845-2590
Texas A&M University