Amanda-Users

Re: Is this a valid disklist entry?

2003-08-24 14:10:17
Subject: Re: Is this a valid disklist entry?
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 14:07:04 -0400
On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 12:03:30PM -0400, Robin WONG wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am attempting to backup a huge windows partition found on a snap server
> via a linux box.  At first, I smbmounted the share and backed it up via
> this mount method.  But I noticed that whether it was doing a level 0 dump
> or a level 1 dump, the dumpsize was no different.  It was always doing a
> level 0 regardless.
>
> So, I had a look in docs/SAMBA, and I am guessing smbmount doesn't take
> into account the 'archive' bit.  But when I stat a file on the share, it
> appears to return valid information, so I don't see why smbmounting
> doesn't work.  Anyway...

smbmounting may use at it heart nfs.  That may cause it to lose
some information when the smb data is converted into a generic
nfs structure.

> Suffice it to say, I can't do a full dump of the snap server every
> evening, so I've attempted to use smbclient.  However, the disklist entry
> I used for smbmounted shares no longer works.  Amcheck fails with the
> following:
>
> Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
> --------------------------------
> ERROR: snazz: [Can't open disk '//snapserver/files']
> ERROR: snazz: [No include for '/mnt/snap/uz']
> ERROR: snazz: [Can't open disk '//snapserver/files']
> ERROR: snazz: [No include for '/mnt/snap/qt']
> ERROR: snazz: [Can't open disk '//snapserver/files']
> ERROR: snazz: [No include for '/mnt/snap/mp']
> ERROR: snazz: [Can't open disk '//snapserver/files']
> ERROR: snazz: [No include for '/mnt/snap/il']
> ERROR: snazz: [Can't open disk '//snapserver/files']
> ERROR: snazz: [No include for '/mnt/snap/eh']
> ERROR: snazz: [Can't open disk '//snapserver/files']
> ERROR: snazz: [No include for '/mnt/snap/ad']
> Client check: 7 hosts checked in 2.099 seconds, 12 problems found
>
> (brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4)
>

> Here is one of the modified disklist entries I've attempted to use to
> backup the snap server:
>
> snazz /mnt/snap/uz //snapserver/files {
>         # all directories that start with [u-z]
>         root-tar
>         include "./[u-zU-Z]*"
>         } 1

include is not valid for smbclient backups with amanda
exclude is, but only for a single file.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)