Amanda-Users

RE: make a backup disappear

2003-08-22 17:52:06
Subject: RE: make a backup disappear
From: "Bort, Paul" <pbort AT tmwsystems DOT com>
To: "'Jeremy L. Mordkoff'" <jlm AT TataraSystems DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:42:37 -0400
You have two separate problems you need to address: First, letting AMANDA know that that tape is not valid anymore. Second, adjusting your backup schedule to replace the lost backups.

The first step is to remove the tape from the tape database with the 'amrmtape' command, which expects a configuration name and tape label as parameters. It will handle tapelist and the log files.

IIRC, you won't need to do anything special for the second step, because when AMANDA examines the logs to determine which levels are needed, the backups done on the removed tape won't be counted.

You can use "amadmin due" to see which disks need a level 0.