Amanda-Users

a little patch which made my changer working

2003-08-17 12:12:50
Subject: a little patch which made my changer working
From: "C.Scheeder" <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 18:12:02 +0200
Hi folks,
i have a ADIC 12-Tape DAT autoloader which worked out of the box to 99% with chg-scsi. Only if i opend the door it gave me an error the first time i accessed it afterwards.
Now the tapeunit died, and i replaced it with a HP dat24I drive,
and chg-scsi stoped working.
i dug into the source of amanda 2.4.4 and the messages chg-scsi
gave and found two problems, one tape-related and one changer-related.
the tape does enter unit-attention mode direct after loading a tape, and
that caused chg-scsi to think there was something wrong with the drive.
Fixed it by defining the correct answers for this tape-unit in sense.c

verry similar problem for the changer, after opening the frontdoor it enters unit-attention-mode too, telling me someone opened the door...

so i defined the correct codes for the changer too, and now
realy all is fine with this changer and drive combination.

i atach the changes i made as a patch, so everyone interested
in it can have a look at it.

it applys to 2.4.4p1 too.

to whom should i send it to get it into the release next time?

Christoph