Amanda-Users

Re: planner problem

2003-08-15 15:10:01
Subject: Re: planner problem
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:07:24 -0400
On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 02:53:00PM -0400, Shashi Kanbur wrote:
> Im running AMANDA 2.4.4p1 on Debian Linux systems.
> amcheck returns no problems. However, on some machines, when I run amdump,
> I get in the amdump log
>
> planner: time 1800.276: error result for host nova disk /data: Estimate
> timeout from nova
> planner: time 1800.276: error result for host nova disk /home: Estimate
> timeout from nova
> planner: time 1801.626: error result for host messier disk /data: Estimate
> timeout from messier
>
> even though these machines and disks are in the disklist file and amcheck
> returns no errors.
> Other machines work fine.
> Any ideas on how to solve this?

Do other DLE's on the same hosts (nova and messier) backup alright?
I.e. is it the entire set of those host entries or just one of several?

If it is just these DLE's, maybe you could set spindle numbers for each
host's disks (see the comments in the example disklist).  This would
cause one DLE at a time on each host to be estimated (and backed up).
If several are estimated at the same time, there may be contention
among them slowing things down.

Otherwise, try increasing your estimate time (etimeout),
currently 1800 seconds from the report above.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)