Amanda-Users

Re: Multipage printer reports

2003-08-14 18:39:36
Subject: Re: Multipage printer reports
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Robin WONG <rwong AT mrs.mni.mcgill DOT ca>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 18:29:56 -0400
On Thursday 14 August 2003 17:09, Robin WONG wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Amanda always prints only one page of output when the listing of
> backup dumps actually requires 2-3 pages.  How do I tell Amanda to
> print the extra output on subsequent pages?
>
>robin

Thats not something I've run into, I don't use the utility currently.

And I don't know as there is a resident postscript expert lounging
about here on this list.  What little I know would indicate that a
whole new page would have to be generated, not exactly a trivial task
to a non-postscript guru.

However, take a look at the one used for dat tapes, it prints in a
microscopic font, about 0.025" high.  Perhaps borrowing some of the
font size control code from there, and transplanting it into the
8.5x11.ps file, could be used to make your whole report fit on one
page.  Depending on the printer of course but most of the ink
squirters can print in excrutiatingly tiny fonts.  Either of mine
could put that 8.5x11 sheets data on a label that will actually fit
on one face of a dat casette holder.  You might need a magnifying
glass to read it if your trifocals don't fit exactly right though so
I'd approach the shrinkage incrementally as you probably don't need
to go to quite that extreme to make it fit.  With a small enough
font, you could also use the two column approach from that dat.ps
file to advantage also.  :)

Post it when and if you have it tweaked to suit, there are probably
others here who could benefit.  With my current number (49 & growing)
of DLE's, I know I'd run over a single page for sure at std font
sizes.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: