Amanda-Users

Why amrecover take so long time to recover files ?

2003-08-12 16:00:24
Subject: Why amrecover take so long time to recover files ?
From: nico <stealthy AT directbox DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 22:57:01 +0200
Well, after backup, I have tried to restore one file using amrecover.
This file was about 5 MB big. But it take a very long time (45  min) to
restore from the server to my PC !! Is this a "netusage" problem ? I
have tried many configuration, but still remane the same. I'm on a
10BaseT (Ethernet) network.

And what curious is, is that when I make a backup, it take just one hour
an half to backup 2.4 GB of files ! So were is the hell ?

I'm working with the last amanda build (2.4.4p1), which works fine to
simulate a tpchanger on a hard drive. But then, wenn I'm amrecovering

Any idea ?

Nico