Amanda-Users

Which release (snapshot?)

2003-08-11 12:01:27
Subject: Which release (snapshot?)
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Chris Knight <knight AT sodor.wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:58:14 -0400 (EDT)
Hello all,

I'm looking to do a couple of things with my new version of
amanda, 1) stabilize my jukebox, 2) need to divide my DLE
for large partions and start using tar rather than dump
(will soon be backing up a Tbyte array).

Last time I did a build (2.4.4) it was suggested that I might
use the snapshot rather than the stable version.

Do you recommend I pull the snapshot from 2.4.4p1 or 2.5.0 ?

Or should I follow a different path entirely.

Oh - my platforms are Solaris and IRIX (we have RedHat but
not currently under amanda).

                                                thanks,

                                                Brian

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org