Amanda-Users

More on building 2.4.4p1 under Solaris 9 with native-built gcc-3.3

2003-08-07 02:38:26
Subject: More on building 2.4.4p1 under Solaris 9 with native-built gcc-3.3
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:36:55 +1000 (EST)
Hi everyone,

I've done more work on this issue in recent days, experimenting with
various run-time linker path settings via the Solaris 'crle' command, and
I have finally found a combination which works!

I used 'crle -l /usr/lib -l usr/local/lib' which sets the default ld.so
lib search path to include just those two locations. Initially this didn't
work so I also modified by standard -R flag setting so with C-shell
aliases I can set it to just include /usr/local/lib, or it can include
/usr/sfw/lib and /usr/openwin/lib as well.

When I built amanda-2.4.4p1 using these two changes, it worked fine and
there were no errors reported.

I have noticed that Sun has released a patch to their 'ld' linker binary
for Solaris 9. I haven't read the 'fine-print' yet to determine what bugs
the patch fixes, but it will be interesting if one of the bugs relates to
how run-time library search paths are interpreted and used.

Craig.

--
     Email by Craig Dewick (tm). Home page at "lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick".
        "cdewick AT spam.lios.apana.org DOT au" or "cdewick AT spam.sunshack