Amanda-Users

Hardware Compression

2003-08-04 11:44:06
Subject: Hardware Compression
From: "Bob Zahn" <bzahn AT zeus.okccc DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 10:28:29 -0500
I have a couple of Seagate Ultrium 100/200GB tape drives in a Sun/Quantum
ATL L25 tape library. When I try to run hardware compression
(/dev/rmt/0hbn) on them I still can only fit 100GB of data according to
Amanda. I ran amtapetype and got the following:

define tapetype ATL-LTO1 {
    comment "Produced by amtapetype prog (hardware compression on)"
    length 104980 mbytes
    filemark 1047 kbytes
    speed 8429 kps
}

Anyone have an idea as to why I can't get 200GB of backup data on a single tape?
Bob...

--
Robert Zahn     UNIX Systems Administrator
Oklahoma City Community College