Amanda-Users

xinetd shutting off amanda

2003-07-14 12:33:29
Subject: xinetd shutting off amanda
From: Chris Dahn <chris.dahn AT computer DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:29:03 -0400
Hi all,
  I used to have 2.4.2p2 installed. I built an ebuild for Gentoo for it.
Apparently they finally accepted someone's ebuild for Amanda into the CVS
tree, and so my system was automatically updated to 2.4.4 last night.
However, this messed everything up. I've managed to fix (I think) all of the
user/group permission problems, but I'm having problems on one of my servers.

  Specifically, I start up xinetd, and when I do an amcheck, the remote xinetd
spits out:

"Deactivating service amanda due to excessive incoming connections.
Restarting in 30 seconds."

  It will faithfully continue to do this forever. My other host (the one the
client sits on) doesn't have this problem. Any ideas?

|Christopher Dahn          | Software Engineering Research Group,|
|3141 Chestnut St.         |   Feel the SERG!                    |
|Attn: CS Dept., CAT 186   | http://serg.cs.drexel.edu/          |
|Office (PA): 215.895.0203 | "PGP" public key:            |
|Fax: 215.895.0545         | http://search.keyserver.net/ |