Amanda-Users

RE: Resend: Strange Dump: Connection reset by peer

2003-06-26 02:10:55
Subject: RE: Resend: Strange Dump: Connection reset by peer
From: "Brian G. Peterson" <brian AT braverock DOT com>
To: <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>, "Amanda-Users" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 01:06:06 -0500
> On Wednesday 25 June 2003 18:37, Brian G. Peterson wrote:
> >I got one response telling me to make sure that the tar was gnu tar.
> >  All that checked out.  Any other ideas?  I'm really stuck here...
>
> Perchance have you got another older version of tar that's found first
> in the $PATH?  Do a 'which tar' and see if that is the same one you
> checked.  On the client of course.

The only tar binaries on the system (in /bin/tar and /home/ftp/bin/tar) are:
tar --version
tar (GNU tar) 1.13.25
Copyright C 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute it under the terms of the GNU General Public License;
see the file named COPYING for details.
Written by John Gilmore and Jay Fenlason.

So, it doesn't look like that is the problem.  There is only one copy of the
sed binary, and it is a recent gnu sed as well.

Perhaps someone will see something useful in the .debug output I sent to the
list earlier.

   - Brian