Amanda-Users

RE: Diferential Backup

2003-06-25 10:03:18
Subject: RE: Diferential Backup
From: "Ean Kingston" <ean_kingston AT kanetix DOT com>
To: "Roberto Samarone Araujo (RSA)" <rsa AT iesam.com DOT br>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:51:22 -0400
Hi Roberto,

I don't believe so. Amanda uses either the vendor supplied dump program, or GNU
tar to do the backup. I know GNU tar does not do differential backup and AFAIK
none of the vendor supplied dump programs will do differential backup either
(I'm pretty sure for Solaris, AIX, *BSD, and Linux derivatives).