Amanda-Users

Amanda and smbclient not working

2003-06-23 09:50:59
Subject: Amanda and smbclient not working
From: Mark Le Noury <markl AT bbd.co DOT za>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 23 Jun 2003 15:45:01 +0200
Hi,

I have been trying to get amanda to backup some of our windows servers,
without much luck.

Here is what the configuration looks like:

/etc/amandapass file:

//server/share administrator%password

disklist entry:

server //server/share central

The dump program is set to GNUTAR.

When I run amcheck it reports that the host is down.

I used strace to see what amcheck is doing, and it seems that amcheck
thinks the server is a unix/linux amanda client (it is sending data to
port 10080 (amanda client's udp port).

I am using amanda 2.4.4 and samba 2.2.8a on Redhat linux 7.3.

If you have any ideas please let me know.

thanks,

--
Mark Le Noury
Barone, Budge & Dominick

This e-mail is confidential and subject to the disclaimer
published on the website http://www.bbd.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm.