Amanda-Users

Re: not an amanda tape

2003-06-19 14:43:52
Subject: Re: not an amanda tape
From: "Tom Brown" <tom.brown AT goodtechnology DOT com>
To: "Gregor Ibic" <gregor.ibic AT intelicom DOT si>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 19:41:12 +0100
> I also have such a situation!
>
> if I try to relabel it, it say that the tape is already labeled. But this
is
> probably
> read from tapelist file and not really from the tape.
>
> version 2.4.4-20030605
> chg-zd-mtx

i have a theory to my problem but not 100% certain yet.

i have, today, run a amtapetype on the drive. I suspect this process
overwrote the label on the tape. I suspect this as i did an amlabel on a
tape in a different system ysterday and today did an amtapetype. Guess what
i then did an amtape config show and i got 'not an amanda tape'

in my case i suspect operator error (again!)

Tom