Amanda-Users

Re: NEC autoloaded - amanda-2.4.4

2003-06-18 08:32:45
Subject: Re: NEC autoloaded - amanda-2.4.4
From: "Tom Brown" <tom.brown AT goodtechnology DOT com>
To: "Jean-Louis Martineau" <martinea AT IRO.UMontreal DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:29:22 +0100

> Hi Tom,
>
> Your changer file is not use.
> What is the full path of your changer file?
> What's your changerfile in amanda.conf?

Hi,

It seems i made a silly mistake! Everything was as it should be in
amanda.conf e.g.

runtapes 1              # number of tapes to be used in a single run of
amdump
tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx"  # the tape-changer glue script
tapedev "/dev/nst0"     # the no-rewind tape device to be used
changerfile "/opt/amanda/etc/gt-host/change"
changerdev "/dev/sg3"

BUT my changer file actually looked like this

firstslot=1
lastslot=1        <---- should be a 7
cleanslot=8
AUTOCLEAN=0
autocleancount=99
havereader=0
offlinestatus=1
OFFLINE_BEFORE_UNLOAD=1
tapedev=/dev/nst0

changing this and everything is fine - apology for the immediate post
without first checking my own mistakes!

Tom