Amanda-Users

holding disk problem

2003-06-10 04:08:11
Subject: holding disk problem
From: Markus Dohmann <dohmann AT sdac.hannover.bgr DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:05:31 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

I'm using Amanda since two weeks and there is a problem with the holding disk
area. A tape was not changed and I expected that Amanda dumped the backup to
the
holding disk. But the error message was:

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  b3sn30     /disk9/b3sn30 lev 0 FAILED [no more holding disk space]
  b3sn30     /disk6/b3sn30 lev 0 FAILED [no more holding disk space]
  b3sn30     /disk8/b3sn30 lev 0 FAILED [no more holding disk space]
  b3sn30     /disk14/b3sn30 lev 0 FAILED [no more holding disk space]
  b3sn30     /disk16/b3sn30 lev 2 FAILED [no more holding disk space]
  b3sn30     /disk15/b3sn30 lev 1 FAILED [no more holding disk space]
  b3sn30     /disk7/b3sn30 lev 0 FAILED [no more holding disk space]
  .
  .
  .

During a "normal" backup Amanda uses the holding disk, creates a directory
and stores temporary files before dumping them to the tape.

amcheck checks the holding disk and reports: Holding disk
/disk20/b3sn30/b311backup: 30669139 KB disk space available, that's plenty

No dumps have beeen left in the holding disk, amflush reports NO FILE TO FLUSH.

Could someone please give me a hint?

Thanks in advance.

Markus