Amanda-Users

RE: out of tape - why?

2003-06-06 11:32:21
Subject: RE: out of tape - why?
From: Danny R Spelbring <dan AT rover.bsd.uchicago DOT edu>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>, Danny R Spelbring <dan AT rover.bsd.uchicago DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 10:33:08 -0500
Yes, in my first attempt I was using a holding disk (of 4GB) on the same
partition as the tapedisk (of 5GB), with a total of 9.5GB free in the par-
tition.  I tried it again without the holding disk and it still failed
with "out of tape".  There's definitely enough free space on the disk.

I'm using a chunk size of 1GB, so after two chunks (actually 2.14GB), it
fails.  I don't see that as an issue though.