Amanda-Users

Re: Permissions wrong - amcheck -m error - Can't create transcript fi le ./xfh54EUCZ09037: Permission denied

2003-06-04 11:07:41
Subject: Re: Permissions wrong - amcheck -m error - Can't create transcript fi le ./xfh54EUCZ09037: Permission denied
From: Jim Summers <jsummers AT bachman.cs.ou DOT edu>
To: "Amanda (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: 04 Jun 2003 10:04:23 -0500
On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 09:39, Kevin Passey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've had some problems with my RH7.2 amanda server - the backup runs ok but
> when I run amcheck I get this.
>
> Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
> --------------------------------
> Client check: 1 host checked in 3.996 seconds, 0 problems found
>
> (brought to you by Amanda 2.4.2p2)
> bash-2.05$ /usr/sbin/amcheck kdp -m
> bash-2.05$ Can't create transcript file ./xfh54EUCZ09037: Permission denied
>
> Can anybody tell me where my permissions are wrong or where amanda is trying
> to create this file.

It looks like it is trying to create the file in the pwd.

Are you logging in as root then doing an su amandauser?  I think that
would leave you in the root home and then the amandauser could not
create files there, or shouldn't be able to :-/.  Might try su from a
directory where amanda user can write to.

Hope this helps,
jim

--
Jim Summers <jsummers AT cs.ou DOT edu>
University of Oklahoma - Computer Science