Amanda-Users

Re: having problems connecting to clients

2003-06-03 08:12:26
Subject: Re: having problems connecting to clients
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Joseph Sirucka <Joseph.Sirucka AT team.telstra.com DOT au>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 08:08:40 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 at 4:00pm, Joseph Sirucka wrote

> yes maybe I was a bit hasty on my email, and should have thought about it
> more.
>
> you are correct regarding amandad running on udp rather than tcp.
>
> Here is a output of my email from the amanda user after a amdump is run.

You still haven't told us your server and client OS(es), and whether or
not this setup passes amcheck.  If it don't amcheck, it won't amdump.

Also, look in /tmp/amanda on the client for *debug files, which are the
most useful tool here.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering