Amanda-Users

2.4.4 build/make problem

2003-05-28 13:53:42
Subject: 2.4.4 build/make problem
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Chris Knight <knight AT sodor.wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 13:50:10 -0400 (EDT)
Hello Amanda users,

I've downloaded the latest 2.4.4 kit from www.amanda.org, the 14-Feb kit ?

I've unpacked the tar/gzip file on Solaris 9 and want to compile using
the stardard Solaris C compiler since I'll be installing on systems
that do not have GNU C installed.

The following error is very familiar, I'll be digging through my
old mail to see what we did in the Makefile to work-around the problem.

Just for the record, I'd had a clean build of 2.4.4 using GCC and without
the UPD and IP socket restrictions but without the runtime libraries on
the target system I wasn't getting very far.

[copahue] /local/source/etc/amanda/amanda-2.4.4 40> uname -a
SunOS copahue 5.9 Generic_112233-04 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100

# setenv CC cc
# setenv CFLAGS "-fast -xarch=v8plusa"

[copahue] /local/source/etc/amanda/amanda-2.4.4 39> ./configure
--with-tcpportrange=10084,10100 --with-udpportrange=932,948 --with-user=amanda
--with-group=sys

The configure seems to run to completion without problem.

The make however...

[copahue] /local/source/etc/amanda/amanda-2.4.4 46> make
Making all in config
make  all-am
Making all in common-src
Making all in client-src
Making all in tape-src
Making all in server-src
Making all in changer-src
make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 531: Unexpected end of line seen
Current working directory /local/source/etc/amanda/amanda-2.4.4/changer-src
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

I remember seeing this before, when I was trying to build from the
2.4.4.1b1 (?) kit, a non-release version.

# cat -n of changer-src/Makefile shows the following.

   526
   527  uninstall-am: uninstall-info-am uninstall-libexecPROGRAMS \
   528          uninstall-libexecSCRIPTS
   529
   530  .PHONY: GTAGS all all-am check check-am clean clean-generic \
   531          clean-libexecPROGRAMS clean-libtool distclean distclean-compile
\
   532          distclean-depend distclean-generic distclean-libtool \
   533          distclean-tags distdir dvi dvi-am info info-am install \
   534          install-am install-data install-data-am install-exec \
   535          install-exec-am install-info install-info-am \
   536          install-libexecPROGRAMS install-libexecSCRIPTS install-man \
   537          install-strip installcheck installcheck-am installdirs \
   538          maintainer-clean maintainer-clean-generic mostlyclean \
   539          mostlyclean-compile mostlyclean-generic mostlyclean-libtool \
   540          tags uninstall uninstall-am uninstall-info-am \
   541          uninstall-libexecPROGRAMS uninstall-libexecSCRIPTS
   542
   543                          chg-null
   544
   545  .pl:
   546                          cat $< > $@
   547                          chmod a+x $@
   548                          -test -z "$(PERL)" || $(PERL) -c $@

                                                thanks,

                                                Brian

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org