Amanda-Users

chg-manual config

2003-04-30 03:17:23
Subject: chg-manual config
From: Laas Toom <laas AT haldjas.folklore DOT ee>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:09:46 +0300 (EEST)
Hello,

I'm trying to set Amanda up to use two tapes in one run. I have no
changer, but i can change the tapes manually.

As i understand, i have to uncomment these lines in amanda.conf: pwd

runtapes 2 # number of tapes to be used in a single run of amdump
tpchanger "chg-manual" # the tape-changer glue script
changerfile "/scratch/amanda/FullSet/changer.conf"

but what else needs to be done?

And the biggest problem is that i couldn't find a suitable changer.conf on
the internet that could be used in my case (2 tapes, /dev/nsa0 is the only
tapedevice).

And what about these lines:

  #changerfile "/scratch/amanda/FullSet/changer"
  #changerfile "/scratch/amanda/FullSet/changer-status"

First, i uncommented them, but then amanda said that multiple parameters
with the same name exist and so i left them out again.

So if anyone has this kind of configuration, i would appreciate if you
post it to me.

Thanks,
Laas Toom