Amanda-Users

Extended Report

2003-04-28 16:55:51
Subject: Extended Report
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 22:52:41 +0200
Hi, amanda-users,

today a potential customer asked me if Amanda could report to him the
number of files backed up for each DLE. He told me that once it had
been useful to him to have this info, otherwise he would not have
noticed that a big chunk of files was missing at once.

My first thought was to extract the info of the sendbackup- or
sendsize-debug-files. Has anyone already done that?

In case of the sendsize-files the info wouldnŽt be accurate because
things could have changed between estimate and dump ...

But I think the sendbackup-files contain the infos needed.

For example:

sendbackup: time 32.460:  75:  normal(|): tar: dumped 310 files and directories

Does anyone have a better solution?

Regards,
Stefan G. Weichinger
mailto:monitor AT oops.co DOT at