Amanda-Users

Re: Upgrade

2003-04-26 12:11:53
Subject: Re: Upgrade
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 18:07:25 +0200
Hi, Jon,

on 26. April 2003 at 17:14 you wrote to amanda-users:

JL> Lines like the following appear at the beginning of my 2.4.2 and 2.4.3
config.status files.
JL> Sorry for the long lines.

JL> What it does not show are any environment variables (eg. CFLAGS).  Nore any
post-configure
JL> processing you might have done.  Again, the oft repeated, put it into a
shell script.

JL>   # ./configure  --enable-shared --with-user=amanda --with-group=backup
--with-config=DS1 --with-includes=/usr/local/include
--with-libraries=/opt/sfw/lib --with-libraries=/usr/local/lib
JL> --with-amandahosts --with-tape-device=/dev/rmt/0lbn
--with-changer-device=/dev/rmt/1lbn --with-readline --with-mmap
--with-gnutar=/usr/local/libexec/amgtar --with-pid-debug-files

I looked for that line, configured the 2.4.4 tree with the same
options, did make && make install and now the first amdump seems to
run fine.

Thank you!

Another question appeared now:

On the client-side there is still a 2.4.2-version running, but it
seems to have been installed via rpm and not by compiling the sources.

I don´t want to mess around too much on that machine if I don´t have
to, so the question is:

Does it make any relevant difference if I let the client on 2.4.2 for
the moment?

As far as I understand, it ain´t really necessary to have both client
and server on the same version. I also know it would be better to have
both running the same version ...

--
best regards,
Stefan