Amanda-Users

Use of tapelist.yesterday

2003-04-23 04:02:23
Subject: Use of tapelist.yesterday
From: Erik Billgren <erik.billgren AT angiogenetics DOT se>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:16:03 +0200 (CEST)
After accidentally having typed 'amdump' instead of 'amflush' and then
aborting the resulting job, I am in the situation that amanda thinks of
tape daily3 as an 'active' tape which cannot be reused to do the flush
as I intended. Amanda also thinks that there is nothing on it (which I
guess is correct in a sense).

Instead of flushing to tape daily4 in the as amanda is suggesting I would
like to persuade her to accept tape daily3 again. (It feels like sort of a
waste to have an empty tape in rotation for an entire tapecycle.)

My question is this: Would a simple

$ cp tapelist.yesterday tapelist

put me back where I was this morning or would it just make amanda confused
as well as me.

I have not been able to find any conclusive information on this in the
man pages, archives, or FOM.

Thanks in advance,

Erik