Amanda-Users

FQDN - not available

2003-04-21 19:02:54
Subject: FQDN - not available
From: azam qureshi <maza2azam AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 13:59:34 -0700 (PDT)
I have used amanda in the past without any problem.  Now, I am trying to
setup amanda for a friend, but he has a very simple network.

1.  A DSL line coming in.
2.  goes into a SMC7004VBR router.
3.  and 4 machines are attach to it.

Three of the machines are windows and I am putting a 4th one which is linux with amanda.

The problem is what to give as the FQDN in the ".amandahost" file.  OR
is it possible to just put the host name (without domain).

Additional information.
SMC7004VBR router:
- running DHCP server, which gives ip to all the machines.
- No DNS
- There is a place to put Domain info but it is not being releated to linux machine

Regards

Do you Yahoo!?