Amanda-Users

Re: tapes out of sequence

2003-04-21 17:52:14
Subject: Re: tapes out of sequence
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 21:51:43 +0200
Hi, b. ash,

on Montag, 21. April 2003 at 19:25 you wrote to amanda-users:

ba> Hi,

ba> I was wondering how one goes about fixing the situation where amanda
ba> wants a certain tape, but that tape is not the one that should be next.

ba> It is asking for tape 23, but that is an active tape.

ba> I recently added an additional ten tapes for a total of thirty, to
ba> amanda.conf.  Now the tape sequence is off, and or incorrect.

You changed the tapecycle parameter in amanda.conf, right ?

Have you already labeled the new tapes with amlabel ?
You have to do this to add the new tapes to the tapelist and to
correctly add them to your cycle.

Amanda does not now about your new tapes right now.

--
best regards,
Stefan

mailto:monitor AT oops.co DOT at