Amanda-Users

Re: Sony

2003-04-11 12:27:20
Subject: Re: Sony
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Andrea Berghammer <berghamm AT isd.uni-stuttgart DOT de>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:21:10 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 at 10:44am, Andrea Berghammer wrote

> 1. Sony AIT-2 StorStation LIB-81ea-A2
> 400-1000GB ext SCSI Autoloader 1U Rack Design
>
> or
> 2. Sony AIT-3 StorStation LIB-81ea-A3
> 800-2000GB ext SCSI Autoloader 1U Rack Design

Yes, but details will vary with host OS.  A group here has an AIT3
Lib-162, and it worked out of the box on Linux with mtx.

See the recent discussion, however, on the benefits of Overland's
LibraryPro units (I think they're called PowerLoaders now, though) over
the Sony's.  Much better, more capacity, minimally more expensive.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering