Amanda-Users

Re: Weird error after adding new client...

2003-04-09 13:28:07
Subject: Re: Weird error after adding new client...
From: Matt Hyclak <hyclak AT math.ohiou DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 12:03:20 -0400
On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 07:51:23AM -0700, Pro-Fit enlightened us:
> I got this error last night after adding a new client
> to the backup scheme...  Any thoughts on what I'm
> missing??
>
> Thanks!!
>
> In the backup e-mail:
> FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>   web.esec /home lev 0 FAILED [can't switch to
> incremental dump]
>   web.esec /etc lev 0 FAILED [can't switch to
> incremental dump]
>   web.esec /usr lev 0 FAILED [can't switch to
> incremental dump]

For some reason it couldn't do a level 0 on the new disks. Check for errors
in your mail report...perhaps it's too big for the tape. Anyway, it can't
switch to an incremental since it's never had a level 0, that's where that
message is coming from.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak