Amanda-Users

Server configuration disklist file

2003-04-07 23:08:20
Subject: Server configuration disklist file
From: Amanda User <amanda AT murtix DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 07 Apr 2003 21:58:02 -0400
Hi,

   I am configuring the amanda server for tapeless configuration. I have
taken the sample from F.A.Q. But one thing confused me.

(
You can see the FAQ doc from
http://amanda.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/191.html
)

It is written in the FAQ that we only need to add :

------------------------------
/etc/amanda/DailySet1/disklist
------------------------------
# hostname diskdev dumptype
# Replace "dumptype" with either "hard-disk-dump" or "hard-disk-tar"
# localhost /home hard-disk-dump
# localhost /etc hard-disk-tar

these entries. I guess I will have to remove all default entries in the
disklist file and put only hostname, diskdev and dumptype in the
disklist file. In this case it should be for remote client:

remote1.mynet.net /home hard-disk-dump
remote2.mynet.net /home hard-disk-dump

and so on.

But is there any way that, I can direct the remote1 computer's dumps to
go to harddisk tape01 tapedev ?

and also, is that small disklist configuration correct ?

Thanks and Best Regards.

Murtix.