Amanda-Users

Re: planner bug?

2003-03-30 02:58:58
Subject: Re: planner bug?
From: "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix AT structbio.vanderbilt DOT edu>
To: "Jeremy L. Mordkoff" <jlm AT TataraSystems DOT com>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 00:44:33 -0600
On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 10:59:46PM -0500, Jeremy L. Mordkoff wrote:
> I have 20 GB (uncompressed) tape drive.
>
> I have a 23 GB partition.
>
> My compression ratio averages well over 50% so a full will fit on the
> tape, but Amanda refuses to even try

I am unable to read your mind through your tinfoil hat.  You will have
to provide me with details.  I am naturally inclined to suspect operator
error over an actual bug in the planner.  If you want someone to
investigate the problem I suspect you submit your amreport output, the
contents of your amanda logfile for the session in question, and the
contents of the amandad.debug file from the client.

Perhaps you should read this:

Brandon D. Valentine
--
Systems Administrator