Amanda-Users

Re: extracting log data during dump

2003-03-26 20:25:39
Subject: Re: extracting log data during dump
From: Chris Blackburn <cblackbu AT stinkytoe DOT com>
To: Matthew Moffitt <moffitt.10 AT sociology.osu DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:09:34 -0800
Do you happen to have this perl script available?

Chris

Matthew Moffitt wrote:

I have a simple perl script that pulls out entries from the amdump log file to
track total number of files dumped, bytes output to tape, etc, then feeds these
out for processing by MRTG.  It works nicely but I can't grab the data during
the actual dump phase, only after it's complete when the entire log is written
out.

Is there a file I could be pulling data from DURING the dump so I can chart, for
instance, number of files systems that have been backed up, or a count of bytes sent
off to tape?  admump.1 or log.<currentdate>.0 only seem to be updated once the
dump is complete so I only have the summary information after it is finished.

Thanks much for any help.

-Matt