Amanda-Users

Re: amcheck fails when client has multiple IP addresses

2003-03-22 18:13:50
Subject: Re: amcheck fails when client has multiple IP addresses
From: philo vivero <phiviv AT hacklab DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 22 Mar 2003 12:42:52 -0800
On Sat, 2003-03-22 at 03:27, lloyd wrote:
> I added a second IP address / interface (eth0:1)
>    selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
> If I shut down eth0:1 amcheck works.

If you're on a Redhat-based system, edit
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:1 (or whatever has the
definition for interface eth0:1) and delete the GATEWAY= entry from it.

Debian-based systems, edit /etc/network/interfaces file and do the same
thing.

The network script that brings up that interface sets a new default
gateway that then causes routing to not function.

--
pv
If this helped you, http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=philovivero