Amanda-Users

problems whth chg-scsi on Linux with AIT scalar 480

2003-03-17 16:19:52
Subject: problems whth chg-scsi on Linux with AIT scalar 480
From: "Michael Scaglione" <Mike.Scaglione AT crcnet1 DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 13:58:50 -0500
Greetings, this is my first posting to this list. Please excuse any oversights on my part.

I am attempting to configure an ADIC SCALAR 480 auto changer. This is an OEM auto-changer with a single tape changer, 2 AIT-2 drives and 80 tape slots.

While attempting to configure Amanda I run the command :
sta-36 libexec]#  ./chg-scsi -info

which returns this error :

Can't read STE status

I can find no reference to this error in any of the archives. I don't understand what it means. However, I can  access the tape changer directly as /dev/sg0 and make mtx load and unload tapes directly.  The command "mtx -d /dev/sg0 load 2 0" will stuff the appropriate AIT cartridge into the first drive. I have also confirmed that the tape devices, /dev/st0 and /dev/st1, as well as their no-rewind counterpart devices are functioning properly.

I am attaching my Amanda.conf, chg-scsi.conf and the debug file generated by chg-scsi.

ANY HELP HERE WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Thanks in advance.

Michael Scaglione