Amanda-Users

Trying to compile/run amanda on AIX4.3.3

2003-03-11 12:30:23
Subject: Trying to compile/run amanda on AIX4.3.3
From: Orion Poplawski <orion AT cora.nwra DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:58:58 -0700
I'm trying to get a usable amanda client on AIX 4.3.3.  I'm a complete
novice when it comes to AIX, unfortunately.

If I try to use a previously installed version of gcc (2.95.2), the
compile fails. This appears to be because the getconf LFS arguments for
CFLAGS, etc. used by configure don't work with gcc and it goofs up the
rest of the configure process.

If I try to use what looks like the native cc (/usr/vac/bin/cc), the
compile goes fine but the executables core dump with a Memory fault.  I
fixed two quibbles about using (int *) instead of (socklen_t *) in
common-src/stream.c to no avail.  I don't see any other compile warnings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone know of any pre-built binaries for AIX?

- Orion Poplawski