Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda 2.4.4 + Cygwin = loss of hair...

2003-03-05 14:04:04
Subject: Re: Amanda 2.4.4 + Cygwin = loss of hair...
From: Richard Morse <remorse AT partners DOT org>
To: "Steve Loughran" <stevelml1 AT scee.sony.co DOT uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 11:37:54 -0500

On Wednesday, March 5, 2003, at 10:01  AM, Steve Loughran wrote:

Hi all
[snip]
I followed the HOWTO-CYGWIN.html doc to the letter, got inetd running from services on XP Pro, but running amcheck on the XP/Cygwin host on the tape
server keeps spitting out

"WARNING: <hostname>: selfcheck request timed out. Host Down"

if I run inetd -d from Cygwin bash shell, i see amandad getting
started,stopped,started,stopped, over and over again....

Hi! I have it on Win2K -- not XP. However, in my experience, the inetd -d option doesn't do anything for you -- all that it does is allow you to see that something is, indeed, asking for amanda.

Does it work if you run it as a service?

Ricky