Amanda-Users

Re: "host down" on server

2003-03-05 12:39:51
Subject: Re: "host down" on server
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Jeffrey Parker <jwp AT xnet DOT com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 11:00:45 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 5 Mar 2003 at 9:25am, Jeffrey Parker wrote

> I think I have an unusual problem.  I am running amanda 2.4.3 on a
> Solaris 8 box as server.  I am trying to back up the server itself,
> but amcheck keeps telling me that the host is down.  How can the
> server itself be down?  I am using the "local" interface.

Lots of ways.  Have you gone through
<http://amanda.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/140.html>?

> I've checked everything.  Any help would be appreciated.

More details, please.  What exactly does amanda say?  What are the
messages in /tmp/amanda/amandad*debug?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering