Amanda-Users

question about amanda tcp and udp ports

2003-02-28 09:39:24
Subject: question about amanda tcp and udp ports
From: Lucia Mazzoni <lucia.mazzoni AT aster DOT it>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:09:45 +0100
Hi everyone!
I have this problems with amanda.
I installed:
1- amanda 2.4.2p2.1 on a RH 7.1 bk client
2- amanda 2.4.2p2.9 on a RH 8.0, this is the bk and tape server.

The client has firewalling rules applied so, following the amanda
documentation, I opened the port 10080/udp (the other ports 10082/tcp
and 10083/tcp I understood have to be eventually opened only on the
tape server) but amdump returns this error:

   driver: myhost.mydomain /mydir 0 [dump to tape failed, will try again]

On the bk client I found a lot of packets rejected on various tcp
ports like 39715, 39721, 39731, ..., from the bk server to the bk client.

My conclusion is that Amanda uses different hight tcp ports to
transfer data from the client to the server. Is that true?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Lucia

PS Sorry if this message will appear many times in the list, I've got
some problems with yahoogroups administration.