Amanda-Users

Help getting tape changer to work on Solaris 2.8

2003-02-25 13:58:57
Subject: Help getting tape changer to work on Solaris 2.8
From: "APR Technical Support" <support AT muscat DOT com>
To: "Amanda-Users" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:35:08 -0000
Hi

I'm trying to set up amanda, struggling a bit.
(My fault, I suspect, nothing to do with the software!)

Here's the current error :-

$amtape Daily reset
amtape: no tpchanger specified in "/usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily/amanda.conf"
$

Here is the relevant section of the amanda.conf file :-

#runtapes 1                        # number of tapes to be used in a single
run of amdump
#tpchanger "chg-manual"            # the tape-changer glue script
tapedev "/dev/rmt/1n"                # the no-rewind tape device to be used
#rawtapedev "/dev/null"            # the raw device to be used (ftape only)
changerfile "/usr/local/share/amanda/Daily/chg-multi.conf"
#changerfile "/usr/adm/amanda/DailySet1/changer-status"
#changerfile "/usr/local/etc/amanda/DailySet1/changer.conf"
#changerdev "/dev/null"

Assuming that I need to uncomment the tpchanger line, what should I point it
at?
Am I right customising and using chg-multi.conf?

Any thoughts/guidance appreciated.

Cheers

Nigel Barker - Technical Support Engineer - Cambridge, UK
Applied Psychology Research http://www.youmeus.com