Amanda-Users

Re: Tapeless backup

2003-02-24 07:07:00
Subject: Re: Tapeless backup
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:30:37 +0100
Gregor Ibic wrote:
Ok, I have done some symlinks to data directories and create a few tapes
with amlabel.

What you say is very confusing.  Why did you create symlinks for?
Normally symlinks are not followed when making backups.

I create backup, first full and then incremental. It works ok.

Apparently it did not work ok, because you seem to miss files.
Why did you think it worked ok?

Before incremental I add some file to the directory that I backup.
Then when I try to recover files I do not get this additional file that is
in incremental backup.
In index files I can read it, and tha backup was ok, but when listing the
disk (setdisk /... and ls)

Which index file did you verify?  What disk did you backup?
Did you issue the correct sethost/setdate command too (if needed?).
Did you run many backup runs in one day? Amanda does not yet completely support this (e.g. indexing does not work reliably iirc).

I cant get this file listed.

Any sugestions?

Regards,
Gregor