Amanda-Users

listing files in disklist

2003-02-20 23:07:43
Subject: listing files in disklist
From: Xander D Harkness <xander AT harkness.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 21 Feb 2003 02:58:23 +0000
I am running amanda very successfully across the network and it works
well with numerous servers.

I have a Compaq DDS3.

Where I am having difficulty is on one of the fileservers.  It has a
directory with over 300Gb of files.  It would be very awkward to
subdivide this into directories as the content is quite fluid.  The
files individually are not larger than the tapes.

An example of the disk list would be:

nameserver /dev/hda8 comp-high
nameserver /dev/hda5 comp-high
fileserver /etc high-tar
fileserver /raid high-tar

What I have tried to do is to generate a listing of the files in the
directory and back them up individually as disk entries

e.g.

fileserver /raid/solaris9.iso high-tar

However the result I get in amstatus is

fileserver:/raid/solaris9.iso 0 no estimate

Is it possible to list files?

How else may I manage this?

Thanks very much.
Xander