Amanda-Users

amcheck: "No include for 'diskname'"?

2003-02-20 22:16:59
Subject: amcheck: "No include for 'diskname'"?
From: Kirk Strauser <kirk AT strauser DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:57:38 -0600
I've been tinkering with my disklist entries.  Right now, I'm using the
following setup to split a very large filesystem into a few manageable
chunks:

    # Special large directories
    kanga.honeypot.net  /usr/share
compressed-tar-with-excludes    -1      local
    kanga.honeypot.net  /usr/share/media
uncompressed-tar-with-excludes  -1      local
    kanga.honeypot.net  /usr/share/media/music/albums   uncompressed-tar
        -1      local
    kanga.honeypot.net  /usr/share/media/music/singles  uncompressed-tar
        -1      local

using the following dumptypes:

    #### Tar backups with exclude files

    define dumptype uncompressed-tar {
        root-tar
        priority medium
    }

    define dumptype compressed-tar {
        uncompressed-tar
        compress client fast
    }

    define dumptype uncompressed-tar-with-excludes {
        uncompressed-tar
        comment "Non-root partitions without compression, plus an exclude list"
        exclude list ".amanda.excludes"
    }

    define dumptype compressed-tar-with-excludes {
        compressed-tar
        comment "Non-root partitions without compression, plus an exclude list"
        exclude list ".amanda.excludes"
    }

Since this setup has been working perfectly for months, I feel obligated to
start tampering with it.  I was looking at the example disklist that ships
with Amanda, and decided to try the following syntax instead:

    # /usr/share, minus ./media
    kanga.honeypot.net share /usr/share {
            comp-user-tar
            exclude "./media"
            } -1 local

    # /usr/share/media, minus ./music/{albums,singles}
    kanga.honeypot.net share-media /usr/share {
            user-tar
            include "./media"
            exclude "./media/music/albums" "./media/music/singles"
            } -1 local

    # /usr/share/media/music/albums
    kanga.honeypot.net share-albums /usr/share {
            user-tar
            include "./media/music/albums"
            } -1 local

    # /usr/share/media/music/singles
    kanga.honeypot.net share-singles /usr/share {
            user-tar
            include "./media/music/singles"
            } -1 local

This seems to me like it should work, but when I run amcheck to test it, I
get:

    Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
    --------------------------------
    ERROR: kanga.honeypot.net: [No include for 'share-singles']
    ERROR: kanga.honeypot.net: [No include for 'share-albums']
    Client check: 2 hosts checked in 0.525 seconds, 4 problems found

    (brought to you by Amanda 2.4.3)

What the heck does 'No include for ...' mean?  I found the string in an
Amanda source file, but couldn't make heads or tails of its significance.  A
quick Google returned nothing.
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.