Amanda-Users

Re: LTO tape tapesize?

2003-02-18 06:56:15
Subject: Re: LTO tape tapesize?
From: Dave Ewall <dave AT notsoldseparately DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 18 Feb 2003 05:19:12 -0500
I ran Tapetype on my Ultrium drive (came with a Dell Poweredge server),
and got this:

define tapetype Ultrium {
    comment "Ultrium"
    length 101632 mbytes
    filemark 0 kbytes
    speed 13884 kbytes
}

If I remember right, it took about an hour to run if I gave it the right
parameters.  I played with the parameters for a few days (in spare time)
before I got it right though... otherwise, it was running for days.