Amanda-Users

Re: tapemanagement II

2003-02-17 14:21:37
Subject: Re: tapemanagement II
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Axel Haenssen <axel AT princeton DOT edu>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:57:10 -0600
--On Monday, February 17, 2003 12:01:21 -0500 Axel Haenssen <axel AT princeton DOT
edu> wrote:

I apologize for the first mix up. I used s/mime signing that couldn't be
read by many people. Here the text again unsignend.

Hi Guys,
Amanda is asking me for a new tape at the end of my dumpcycle instead of
asking for the first tape DMP01.
My Amanda.conf has the standard entries:
dumpcycle 4 weeks
runspercycle 20
tapecycle 25 tapes
How do I get Amanda to ask for the first tape DMP01????
Thanks
Axel

Amanda wont ask for DMP01 again until after 'tapecycle' tapes have been used,
in your case 25.  If you are using one tape per run it will be 6 runs into
your next dumpcycle, or sooner if you had to run amflush or sometimes use
more than one tape.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                             fsmith AT hoovers DOT
com