Amanda-Users

Errors on amcheck

2003-02-15 05:54:47
Subject: Errors on amcheck
From: Rick Parola <rick AT rpwebworks DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 00:56:09 -0500
I've been running amanda for about a month, I figured it's about time to
verify those backups and see if it's working... I verified two fairly recent
tapes and got the following errors.

I'm not sure what to make of 'em, does it look like my mistake somewere (i
notice it refers to the non rewinding device) or should I assume those tapes
are too old?

Am check ran fine on 2 other tapes from yesterday and today's backups.

Thanks in advance, You guys rock, I've never seen a mailing list more active
and supporting than this!

Here is the amverify email:

Tapes:  DailySet119 DailySet120
Errors found:
DailySet120 (localhost._home.20030208.0):
amrestore:   0: skipping start of tape: date 20030208 label DailySet120
amrestore:   1: restoring localhost._home.20030208.0
amrestore: read error: Input/output error

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
/bin/tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
/bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
64+0 records in
64+0 records out
DailySet120 ():
amrestore: WARNING: not at start of tape, file numbers will be offset
** No header
0+0 records in
0+0 records out
DailySet120 ():
amrestore: error reading file header: No medium found
** No header
0+0 records in
0+0 records out
DailySet120 ():
amrestore: error reading file header: No medium found
** No header
0+0 records in
0+0 records out
DailySet120 ():
amrestore: error reading file header: No medium found
** No header
0+0 records in
0+0 records out
DailySet120 ():
amrestore: error reading file header: No medium found
** No header
0+0 records in
0+0 records out

amverify DailySet1
Fri Feb 14 15:27:17 EST 2003

Using device /dev/nst0
Volume DailySet119, Date 20030207
Checked tigger._etc.20030207.1
Checked tigger._home_shares.20030207.4
Checked localhost._home.20030207.1
Checked localhost._var.20030207.2
Checked localhost._etc.20030207.1
End-of-Tape detected.
Using device /dev/nst0
Volume DailySet120, Date 20030208
** Error detected (localhost._home.20030208.0)
amrestore:   0: skipping start of tape: date 20030208 label DailySet120
amrestore:   1: restoring localhost._home.20030208.0
amrestore: read error: Input/output error

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
/bin/tar: Unexpected EOF in archive
/bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
64+0 records in
64+0 records out
** Error detected ()
[...]
Too many errors.