Amanda-Users

Any interest in a little Python GUI?

2003-02-13 18:10:42
Subject: Any interest in a little Python GUI?
From: Kirk Strauser <kirk AT strauser DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:48:00 -0600
I just picked up "Programming Python", and it inspired me to write a GUI for
to replace a collection of little Perl scripts I'd been using to launch and
monitor Amanda's various operations.  It uses the Tkinter library to draw
widgets, so it should be portable to just about any major platform that runs
Python.

Right now, it supports running commands on the local machine or on a remote
machine (via passwordless SSH), and can use sudo to run commands as a user
other than yourself.

Is anyone interested in a copy?  It's really nothing that tremendous
(especially as it's literally the first program I've ever written in
Python), but it works pretty well for me.
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.