Amanda-Users

amtape and amlabel not reading labels

2003-02-11 20:42:16
Subject: amtape and amlabel not reading labels
From: Michael Robbert <mrobbert AT mines DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:16:23 -0700
I have two amanda configurations for two different tape changers and
when I run amtape or amlabel on one them the labels are not read from
the tapes, but seemingly taken from memory somewhere.
The changer this isn't working is an HP SureStore 24x6 that used to work
fine until I had to re-do the config after I added the second changer.
mtx sees it on /dev/sgf and I can write to the tapes on /dev/nst0
Here is my changer.conf for this config:
firstslot=1
lastslot=6
cleanslot=6
AUTOCLEAN=0
autocleancount=25
havereader=0
offlinestatus=1
OFFLINE_BEFORE_UNLOAD=0
MT=mt
MTF=-f
MTX=mtx

Here are the relevant sections of amanda.conf for this config:
tpchanger "chg-hp-mtx"  # the tape-changer glue script
tapedev "/dev/nst0"     # the no-rewind tape device to be used
changerdev "/dev/sgf"
changerfile "/etc/amanda/DDS4backup/changer"

tapetype HP1557A                # what kind of tape it is (see tapetypes
below)
labelstr "^DDS4backup[0-9][0-9]*$"      # label constraint regex: all
tapes must match

I had to use amlabel -f to label all of my tapes because it would say
that the current tape was the last one that I labeled each time and now
amtape reports that the current tape is the last one that I labeled even
after I use amtape to change to another slot. I can also see that these
commands do not rewind or read the tape when issued.
Any ideas?

--
Michael "Murph" Robbert
System Administrator for Math/CS