Amanda-Users

RE: running amlable from CRON

2003-02-10 09:01:30
Subject: RE: running amlable from CRON
From: "Keith Higgs" <dkh2 AT po.cwru DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 08:22:38 -0500
Why would anybody want to do this? If a tape containing vital
information is in the drive at the time amlabel will still label the
tape for use with AMANDA. Then, if you follow through and actually allow
AMANDA to write to that tape you will have lost that vital information.

I have an Oracle 9i database that I am backing up frequently.  I have
enough tapes for a two week cycle plus one pre-labeled and ready to go.
It really does NOT take that long to prepare this many tapes in a single
sitting.  Once they're labelled you can pretty much forget about them
aside from cycling new tapes into the pool as they age.

D. Keith Higgs <mailto:dkh2 AT cwru DOT edu> x0559
 Case Western Reserve University, Webmaster - University Library
 Additional Information at http://www.cwru.edu/UL/ and
http://keith.cwru.edu/
"Follow the white rabbit."