Amanda-Users

Re: Problems with full backups

2003-02-10 07:59:25
Subject: Re: Problems with full backups
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Bradley Marshall <bmarshal AT PIsoftware DOT com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 07:28:39 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 at 3:37pm, Bradley Marshall wrote

> I've got a config thats set to do full backups that I run seperately
> to my normal one.  However, whenever I run it, I get the following in
> the report:
>
>   FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>     driver: FATAL driver received unexpected token (2) from taper
>
> It does about 26 filesystems ok, but fails on 3, with the above error
> message.  There are no other obvious error messages in the report.
>
> I'm using tar for all my disks, and have no troubles with my normal
> backups.  Any ideas?  Please let me know if there's any information
> I've missed that can be useful.

OS, version, and amanda version would be helpful.  Also, look in your
system logs for any error messages around the time of the failed backups.
Finally, look in the amdump.N file for exactly what taper told driver.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering