Amanda-Users

Installing 2.4.4b1 on Cygwin

2003-02-06 12:25:02
Subject: Installing 2.4.4b1 on Cygwin
From: Richard Morse <remorse AT partners DOT org>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 11:34:02 -0500
Hi!  I'm trying to install 2.4.4b1 on a Win2K/Cygwin machine.  I've run into
a few questions, which may be blindingly obvious, but I'm totally missing...

1) which user/group: should I create a new user?  There isn't a /dev
directory, so I can't determine which group to put the user in, although
since I'll be using tar, I'm not sure that's really important.  So is it ok
to just use --with-user=Administrator --with-group=SYSTEM?  Do I need to
change this to --with-user=W0083366\Administrator if I'm trying to specify a
local admin vs a domain admin?

2) are there any odd things I need to do to set up xinetd to work?  I
haven't really played around with Cygwin that much -- is there a FAQ I could
go to that will describe how to get xinetd up and running?

Thanks muchly,
Ricky Morse